Part of the process of preparing the audio component of our Conflux performance was to interview a number of local personalities, from a diverse range of demographics, about stories from their life on the river. The attached audio clips are:
1) a paddleboat captain recalling the moment Captain Sturt arrived at the confluence of the Murray and Darling and names the Murray River.
2) my 91 year old Nana recalling the 56 flood on their wheat and sheep farm
3) an irrigator talking about the tribulations of flood irrigation in the old days
4) the paddleboat captain again talking about the emotional moment of witnessing the Waneera burn
5) a couple talking about how they met 40 years ago on a sandbar on the banks of the Murray river and have been happily married ever since